The Dean will be in charge of EUC in all its aspects, which includes the role of academic director for the Bachelor degree programme in Liberal Arts and Sciences.
The Dean is supported by four academic department heads and an executive director, who are focussed on the day-to-day operations and who together with the Dean form the management team responsible for addressing the strategic questions that face EUC.
EUC is part of the Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences (ESSB) within Erasmus University Rotterdam. The Dean of EUC operates under the responsibility of the Dean of ESSB.
- Providing academic and educational leadership in the college;
- Drafting policies and plans, in close cooperation with the management team of EUC, and guiding the implementation of such plans and the associated processes;
- Maintaining close relationships with and further developing the EUC community, consisting of both the students and the staff;
- Representing the interests of EUC and being a key spokesperson within the EUR community (including the Schools and Faculties), with the city, and in various media;
- Improve and strengthen the relationship with other university colleges;
- Tracking and analysing external (including societal and international) developments that may affect the teaching activities of EUC;
- Ensuring both the assessment and the quality assurance of the EUC curriculum, as well as the preparation of external accreditations and internal mid-term evaluations;
- Taking responsibility for the management, control and monitoring of the finance and business processes as well as the HR policies, in line with the integral management policy of EUR;
- Participating in the Faculty Management Board meetings of ESSB.